From ECM to “Content Services”
Enterprise Content Management aims at covering the entire lifecycle of unstructured information: collection or capture, classification, use, publication, archiving and disposal. If in the past, ECM platforms were relatively isolated from the other components of the information system, today, ECM platforms are able to integrate with transactional systems, making enterprise content available within business processes and giving therefore more value.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Document management projects and solutions can lead to rapid gains in quality and cost for organizations, whether they are private companies or administrations. For example, the return on investment of a “standard” invoice dematerialisation project is less than one year.
The purpose of records management is to organize the management of information in an efficient, systematic and sustainable manner from its creation or inscription to its eventual disposition. This includes identifying, classifying, storing, securing, retrieving, tracking and destroying or permanently preserving records.
E-mail management enables the intelligent management of the large and sensitive information contained in emails by automating the application of manual and automatic purge, archiving and retention rules for incoming and outgoing e-mails.
WEB CONTENT MANAGEMENT
Web Content Management solutions enable organizations to manage the complete production cycle of content provided on their Internet and intranet sites, from production to publishing
EXAMPLES OF PROJECTS
PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY Clinical studies documentation
- Preparation (dynamic filling) of documents according to the eTMF file plan and CTMS (Clinical Trial Management System) data
- Very fine-grained automatic security
- Intelligent handling of authority inspections (inspection scope restriction, inspector’s activity auditing, …)
- Automated collection and transmittal of documents from and to Contracts Research Organisations (CRO)
- Intelligent real-time reports for documents collection tracking and study completeness
- Technologies: OpenText Documentum
OFFSHORE MARINE SERVICES Document management platform
- Installation and progressive import of the major company documents (engineering, maintenance, quality, …)
- Deep integration with the company’s master data management system (MDM)
- Automation of both the file plan (attributes, locations, …) and the security of documents
- Technologies: OpenText Content Server
ENERGY SECTOR ECM-ERP Integration
- Direct access to the maintenance documentation from SAP transactions
- Archiving of the different exchanges (emails, documents, plans,…) between the company and its contractors
- Direct access to the operational documentation from within maintenance tasks
- Technologies: OpenText Content Server, OpenText Extended ECM (xECM) for SAP Solutions, OpenText Solution Accelerator for Plant Management